Farting Cows Blow Up their Barn on a German Farm


Methane gas from 90 flatulent cows exploded in a German farm shed yesterday (Jan 27), damaging the roof and injuring one of the animals, police said.

High levels of the gas had built up in the structure in the central German town of Rasdorf, then “a static electric charge caused the gas to explode with flashes of flames”, the force said in a statement.

One cow was treated for burns, a police spokesman added.

So this tells us not to fart too much in an enclosed area. If needed, please open all windows.

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments